LeftField offers market analysis of Canadian crop markets and economic research related to Canadian agriculture.
LeftField Commodity Research covers all Canadian crops in its analysis, but especially focuses on those crops that tend to get overlooked by the mainstream analysts. Two regular weekly services are provided - the Special Crops Service Package and the Small Grains Letter. LeftField has built an unparalleled information base with extensive data about Canadian and global crop markets. We dig in obscure places for data, news and information to see what (if any) relevance and value it has for clients.
1. LeftField provides independent fundamental analysis of special crop markets with its Special Crops Service Package covering peas, lentils, chickpeas, flax, sunflowers, canaryseed, mustard and dry beans.The service includes a weekly report that discusses Canadian, North American and global market developments and direction. The report also includes global price indications, relevant news items and key market data as reference material. See a sample of the Special Crops Update by following this link:
Sample Special Crops Update
In addition to the weekly report, the Special Crops Service Package includes:
- Timely, ad hoc updates of important government reports from Canada and around the world. These notices include our ideas about potential market impact.
- Feedback opportunities for clients who wish to call or e-mail to ask questions, challenge the analysis, provide suggestions or simply bounce ideas around.
- Information and data access for clients who occasionally need a certain set of statistics or prices from our files.
If you would like to sign up for the Special Crops service, follow this link to get details and enrolment form. There are no long-term contracts and the service is on a month-to-month basis (although discounts are available for longer terms). That way, you can try it and if you feel the service is not providing sufficient value, you can cancel with a 30-day notice. We like to make sure it is a low-risk opportunity for clients.
2. LeftField has a market information service for small grains - spring wheat, durum, barley, oats and (sometimes) rye - with the Small Grains Letter. The Small Grains Letter provides concise, relevant Canadian and global market information with:
- Brief updates of key developments from the past week;
- The latest futures prices, basis levels, spreads and ratios;
- North American and global cash price indications;
- Current Canadian and US supply & demand tables, and;
- Reference charts of futures and cash prices and weekly grain handling data.
A sample copy of the Small Grains letter can be found at the following link:
Sample Small Grains Letter
To sign up for the Small Grains Letter, follow this link to an enrolment form with details and cost.
3. For farmers, LeftField offers a package of both the Special Crops Update and the Small Grains Letter at special pricing (two for the price of one) as shown in the farmer enrolment form.
4. The economic research provided by LeftField includes consulting work such as:
- tailored market studies, including market reviews and impact analysis
- reviews and due diligence of business plans for investors and lenders
- pre-feasibility studies for agricultural businesses
- market presentations related to agricultural markets and marketing
- articles for publications or web sites