Sometimes, out in left field is a good place to be!
“LeftField” implies new ways of approaching a problem and different kinds of thinking. At LeftField, we are consultative – that’s consultantese for deciding together with the client about the best plan for studying an issue. We are “professionally curious”, which is our way of saying that we like to find out what makes things work (or not) and what can be done about it.
But ultimately, LeftField means three simple things:
- It’s easy to follow the crowd in this business. It’s harder to be somewhere “out in left field”, but that’s often where the best value can be found.
- There are time-tested ways of approaching a question. There is also value in coming at a problem from a different perspective – “a little bit out there in left field.”
- In agricultural markets, a lot of things come “out of left field”. It’s important to acknowledge the reality of unknowns and deal with that risk appropriately.
And if you were wondering, the name has no connection to a particular political stripe.
At LeftField, we strongly believe in helping others. We are honoured and pleased to support:
- Cuba Economic Development Group
- Mully Children’s Family
- Inner City Youth Alive
- World Vision
- Greater Europe Mission
- Families of Esperanza
- Children's Wish Foundation
- Camp Nutimik
- Manitoba Farmers with Disabilities